Summary of Position:
Reporting to the CFO, this senior-level finance and accounting position has responsibility for corporate, functional, and program level strategic planning, budgeting and financial analysis models used for managing corporate resources. Leads the overall budgeting and forecasting process at functional, program and corporate levels.
- Financial Reporting, Analysis, Budgeting & Forecasting – The Vice President of Finance will be asked to develop and lead the financial planning process and work closely with the functional leaders to develop an annual budget, setup baseline expectations, perform quarterly forecasts, variance analysis presentations and reviews. The Vice President of Finance will perform a variance analysis each month and prepare a formal analysis for the senior management team.
- Business Case Analysis and Decision Support – The Vice President of Finance will act as a financial business partner to the functional leaders. The Vice President of Finance will develop financial models to assist these executives in making informed business decisions.
- Metrics Reporting – The Vice President of Finance will be responsible for developing and providing an analysis of key performance measurements. As part of this process, the vice president of finance will be expected to ensure that important and relevant metrics are being measured and analyzed.
- Strategic Planning – The Vice President of Finance will support the chief financial officer to develop and implement the corporate strategy for the Company. This position will identify existing operational and new business opportunities including market development, investment prioritization, mergers & acquisitions and additional organic growth opportunities. The Vice President of Finance will monitor external factors including market forces, macro/microeconomic trends and various competitive implications. This person will lead a rigorous, data-driven analysis, which will diagnose the current state and model future outcomes for business performance
- Additional Responsibilities – The Vice President of Finance is responsible for supporting the data and business intelligence needs of the Company. This person will ensure the cross functional leaders have the information and reporting tools needed to support their business processes and be a partner in driving change within the organization as required.
Job Requirements (Essential knowledge, skills and attributes):
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively and ability to develop productive relationships with key stakeholders across the organization and externally
- Prior work experience in Corporate FP&A and Big 4 accounting /consulting strongly preferred
- Biotech/pharma industry experience required
- Government contracting experience strongly preferred
- Experience building complex financial models
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to operate strategically at a highly level- must be able to see connections between financials/data and business drivers, and draw strategic and operational insights from the performance of the business
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
- Strong oral and written presentation skills – ability to present to executive audiences
- Prior experience customizing financial reporting in an ERP system preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work and multitask to meet deadlines
- Outstanding time management skills and accountability
- 10+ years of experience in finance leadership, analytical role requiring Excel model building and analysis
- BA/BS degree or equivalent required
- CPA and/or MBA degree preferred